WPI is proud to unveil our newest feature "Hangin' with the Herd". Check in throughout the next few weeks as we profile a different WPI student-athlete and learn more about why they chose WPI, they favorite memories of their team and time on Boynton Hill and some fun insight about them away from their sport.
Today we feature Allison Kloeckner from Women's Track and Field. Alison is a junior from Shelburne, VT. She is majoring in biochemistry.
1) Why did you choose WPI: I chose WPI because of the hands-on curriculum and ability to study abroad.
2) Favorite Athletics moment at WPI: This past indoor season consisted of some big PRs for a lot of the throwers, and it was awesome to see everyone crush it week after week
3) Favorite Class at WPI: Solutions in Soil
4) Favorite (non-athletics facility) spot at WPI: GSG
5) I wish I knew this on my first day at WPI: I wish I knew that everyone asks for help in one way or another. It always seemed like everyone is being completely independent but more than likely they're not.
6) Favorite emoji: �� I use this one the most
7) Guilty Pleasure (TV/Movie): NICS or Indiana Jones
8) Someone famous/interesting who follows me on Social media: One of our track & XC alums started an insta for the history of WPI T&F and XC teams and Posts old records and photographs that he finds.
9) Favorite sports team growing up: Red Sox!
10) Go-to premeet meal: Bacon egg and cheese from Bean Counter and an iced coffee with a shot of espresso in it
11) My coach is awesome because: My coach is great because she is studying Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and every Friday she cups us so we are ready and loose for our meet the next day
12) Funniest teammate: Jack Devine
13) Favorite or Least Favorite team road trip location: My favorite is Middlebury because I'm from VT (but it's everyone else's least favorite since its so far)
14) If I didn't play my current sport I would want to play: Rugby
15) At our 25-year reunion, I will be: "Living the dream"