WPI is proud to unveil our newest feature "Hangin' with the Herd". Check in throughout the next few weeks as we profile a different WPI student-athlete and learn more about why they chose WPI, they favorite memories of their team and time on Boynton Hill and some fun insight about them away from their sport.
Today we feature Caitlin Kean from Women's Rowing. Caitlin is a sophomore from Shrewsbury, MA. She is majoring in biomedical engineering.
1) Why did you choose WPI: I choose WPI for its project-based learning and 7 week terms. The curriculum allows me to develop teamwork and time management skills.
2) Favorite Athletics moment at WPI: Head of the Charles and 2019 NCAA
3) Favorite Class at WPI: Designing for Climate Resilience and Justice
4) I wish I knew this on my first day at WPI: To enjoy every moment. These years are going by too fast.
5) Guilty Pleasure (TV/Movie): SNL and the Office
6) Favorite sports team growing up: New England Patriots
7) Go-to pregame meal: Spaghetti and Spinach
8) My coach is awesome because: He cares about the success of his rowers on and off the water. Coach Steele works tirelessly to help everyone with all aspects of their rowing stroke from getting their blade in the water to the placement of their hands.
10) Favorite team road trip location: My favorite team road trip location is Florida. Nothing in the world is better than rowing and the beach.
11) If I didn't play my current sport I would want to play: Compete in triathlons
12) At our 25-year reunion, I will: Own my own business that combats the climate crises.