Posted: Oct 14, 2017
Beverly, MA --- The WPI women's volleyball team absorbed 3-0 setbacks to Endicott (25-8, 25-14. 25-23) and Tufts (25-17, 25-22, 25-11) Saturday in MacDonald Gymnasium.
WPI vs Endicott
- The Engineers staved off a pair of match points, which featured a swipe by freshman Sarah Kwatinetz (Seattle, WA) and a block by senior Kat Hurlock (Burlington, CT).
- Hurlock also prolonged the second set with a kill.
- Senior Melissa Daigle (Norfolk, MA) led the attack with six kills.
- Junior Azita Bakhtyari (Andover, MA) accounted for 16 of 18 assists and nine digs.
- Junior Victoria Nassar (Salem, NH) totaled 15 digs.
- Endicott junior Emma Mancini (Lynnfield, MA) tallied 15 kills.
- Sophomore Zoey Gifford (Natick, MA) handed out 36 assists.
- Senior Cydney Pierce (Carpinteria, CA) registered 17 digs.
WPI vs Tufts
- Kwatinetz posted six kills for the Engineers.
- Bakhtyari doled out 18 helpers.
- Freshman Kate Amrein (Nashua, NH) served up five aces.
- Junior Casey Hunt (Granby, CT) and Nassar combined for 15 digs.
- Sophomore Heather Holz (Palatine, IL) logged 12 kills for the Jumbos.
- Sophomore Rachel Furash (Westlake Village, CA) and junior Angela Yu (Austin, TX) each had 19 assists.
- Furash also served four aces to go with three from sophomore Kelly Klimo (North Canton, OH).
- Klimo also contributed with 17 digs.
- WPI (8-14) hosts Wheaton Tuesday at 7pm
- Endicott (14-9) travels to UNE Wednesday for a 7pm first serve.
- Tufts (15-5) is at Williams Friday for the New England Challenge. The Jumbos face MIT at 7pm in the first of three versus NEWMAC teams.