Amherst, MA --- Freshman Sarah Kwatinetz (Seattle, WA) totaled 25 kills as the WPI volleyball split a pair of matches Saturday at the Hall of Fame Classic. The Engineers (11-16) defeated regionally-ranked Bowdoin (13-8) 3-2 and were upended by co-host Amherst (14-9) 3-1.
WPI vs Bowdoin
- The teams traded close sets before the Engineers prevailed in the fifth.
- Kwatinetz led the Crimson and Gray with 13 kills and senior Kat Hurlock (Burlington, CT) tallied 11.
- Junior Azita Bakhtyari (Andover, MA) doled out 40 assists and 10 digs en route to being named to the All-Tournament team.
- Juniors Victoria Nassar (Salem, NH) and Casey Hunt (Granby, CT) had 31 and 15 digs, respectively.
- Senior Brooke Klepper (Miami Beach, FL) totaled 11 assists, including four solo.
- Kwatinetz and Hurlock each registered five block assists.
WPI vs Amherst
- Senior Melissa Daigle (Norfolk, MA) and sophomore Colleen Mullins (Andover, MA) each smashed 13 kills. Kwatinetz followed with 12 and freshman Amanda Wetmore (Hudson, NH) pitched in with 11.
- Bakhtyari added 48 assists and 13 digs to her resume.
- Senior Ann Kaczowka (Seekonk, MA) and Bakhtyari each served up a quartet of aces.
- Hunt and Nasser combined for 22 digs.
WPI makes the trip down Park Ave for a 7pm meeting with Clark on Tuesday. Bowdoin treks to Wesleyan for an 8pm first serve on Friday. Amherst hosts Bates at 8pm, also on Friday.