WPI is proud to unveil our newest feature "Hangin' with the Herd". Check in throughout the next few weeks as we profile a different WPI student-athlete and learn more about why they chose WPI, they favorite memories of their team and time on Boynton Hill and some fun insight about them away from their sport.
Today we feature Sydney Packard from Women's Cross Country (and Track and Field). Sydney is a senior Georgetown, MA. She is majoring in chemical engineering.
1) Why did you choose WPI: The first time I visited WPI, I felt like I belonged. I felt extremely welcomed by the cross country and track teams and could tell they were goofy but hard-working like me. I didn't get such a strong sense of belonging anywhere else.
2) Favorite Athletics moment at WPI: The indoor trip to NCAAs my sophomore year. Our women's DMR team and two distance men qualified for the meet and the entire time (other than competition) we were joking and laughing.
3) Favorite Class at WPI: Biochem I, Protein Structure and Function
4) Favorite (non-athletics facility) spot at WPI: The Higgins House gardens
5) I wish I knew this on my first day at WPI: The Library Cafe has the best food on campus
6) Guilty Pleasure (TV/Movie): Derry Girls or Pride and Prejudice (depending on the mood)
7) Someone famous/interesting who follows me on Social media: Professor Kmiotek, possibly WPI Track and Field's #1 fan.
8) Favorite sports team growing up: The Red Sox
9) Go-to pregame meal: Chicken Parm
10) My coach is awesome because: He has a Nicholas Cage pillow in his office
11) Funniest teammate: Grace Hadley (or the Old Goat Emily Newman)
12) Favorite or Least Favorite team road trip location: Least favorite: the 4k mark at Rowan
13) At our 25-year reunion, I will be: Hopefully still running!